1. We respect your privacy
Iku Wholefood Co Pty Ltd – ACN: 643 888 742 respects your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect, store, use, manage and disclose your personal information, including personal information.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘the Act’) and the Australian Privacy Principles (‘the APP’) “Personal information”, in this policy has the meaning prescribed under the Act. It includes information by which an individual can be identified, and information about an identified individual.
2. What personal information we collect
In order to provide our customers with our products and services, we may collect and use personal information about them. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services to you, and you or your organization may not be able to participate in future offers of goods or services which we supply.
We may collect and hold the following types of personal information:
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- IP address of computers or devices used by customers to interact with us;
- Information about the goods or services ordered by customers;
- Information from enquiries made;
- Communications between us and customers;
- Credit card information; and
We do not normally collect or store ‘sensitive information’ as defined in the Act (eg information about ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health). However, where we are required to and able to do so, we will ask for your consent before collecting your sensitive information and let you know the purpose at the same time.
3. How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person; when you access our website; when you submit an order with us or when we provide our services to you. If you submit an order (including by telephone or online), we will collect information necessary to fulfil that order.
4. Use of your personal information
We collect, hold use and disclose personal information so we can:
- Meet our legal obligations;
- Identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives;
- Provide our products and services or other benefits to you;
- Communicate with you (including via direct marketing about our products and services);
- Inform you of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you;
- Inform you about our products and services and the benefits of using our products and services;
- Provide you with information about offers or other benefits that may become available;
- Seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
- Carry out billing and debt recovery activities;
- Carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services;
We may from time to time disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors that help us supply our products and services. For example, we may disclose the personal information we collect to our marketing and promotional service, delivery and supply chain providers, professional advisers and insurers.
Except as indicated above, we will not disclose your personal information to a third party unless:
You have consented to the disclosure;
- The third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- The third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- The disclosure is to a related entity; or
- The disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
Personal Information held by us may be stored in locations outside the direct control of us for example, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
We may use personal information to advise you of new products and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to you. This may include product or service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
If you prefer not to receive information about our products and services, you can ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting us at the contact details listed below.
6. Security of your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Quality and Access to your personal information
We always try to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate, however you are solely responsible for ensuring that the personal information you provide us is accurate, up to date, and complete. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, please let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Act, by contacting us at the contact details listed below.
- The access impacts on the privacy of others;
- The request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- There are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- The access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency,
- we may deny your request for access.
A small administrative fee may be payable for processing your request for information. For your protection, we may require you to confirm your identity before access to your personal information is granted.
When you visit our website (www.eatiku.com.au) we may automatically collect certain technical information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyze how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies or similar electronic tools.
We do not use this technology to access your personal information in our records and you cannot be personally identified from a cookie.
You have the right to request to remain anonymous in any dealings or communications you may have with us, but we may not be able to provide you with goods or services on that basis.
10. Complaints and Queries
If you have any complaints or queries about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to:
Mail : Iku Wholefood Co Pty Ltd, 169 Bonds Road, Riverwood, NSW, 2210
We take complaints very seriously and will typically respond to any complaints or queries within 3 business days after receiving written notice of your complaint. We may ask you to provide more information to assist us in responding to your complaint or query. If we cannot resolve a complaint or query related to your privacy, or otherwise at any time, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) directly.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, please visit the OAIC website atwww.oaic.gov.au
12. Other Information
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.